Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Return of Brooklyn Lou

So tonight after finishing up the third Harry Potter movie and cleaning up after dinner, my evening was interrupted by the third member of my apartment, a mouse, who I named a long time ago, Brooklyn Lou. As background, I have seen a total of three mice since I arrived in Brooklyn almost three and half years ago along with approximately five cockroaches. I consider that number to be pretty decent by New York City standards so I continue to indulge them and our odd state of coexistence.

This evening's appearance occurred when Lou ran from behind the heater into the kitchen and then under the kitchen table. I promptly screamed saying the word "Mouse" with my voice cracking like a 13 year old boy going through puberty. I then gingerly got up, put on my Doc Martens, and grabbed the 2 X 4 located in my room. (As I said, its an odd relationship, one that someday may end with me bashing Lou's head in. Although I doubt, I have the guts.) Alas, Lou got away and is probably now somewhere downstairs feeding on the remnants of my landlord's daily cooked Italian feast.

Anyway, here's to Lou, you lucky little bastard, wherever you may be.. (most likely in my cupboard eating all my food and pooping everywhere.) (And yes, I am toasting him with a Blue Moon right now.)

No comments: