Thursday, April 28, 2005

Like a fine wine...

It's weird how as you get older life things that never bothered you, start to be source of annoyance on a daily basis. Maybe not a source of annoyance but they start to be something that you reflect on while you are riding the subway on the way to work next to some drunk dude who clearly started the morning by skipping the shower and heading straight for a Four Horsemen chased by some Cognac (which I had mixed with piss once). The other day I had one of these moments where I realized that soon my parents will be the same age as my grandparents were when I had my first coherent memory of them. Meaning that since most of grandparents have had a finite existence since then, I can calculate how many more years I have with parents. And let me tell you that fucks me up because in turn that soon means at some point when"little me" i.e. my son or daughter roams the earth, he will first realize he has grandparents and then potentially at some point in the future, he too will be sitting at a computer (which will probably be embedded in his brain at that point) discussing how his dad is old. .. and how much time he has left...

No comments: