Sunday, September 14, 2008

Politics

From my liberal perspective, I like many others have considered the last 8 years to be a total failure in terms of our current president.  Yes, he dealt with 9/11 and yes, it was time to act on terrorism... but what he forgot was that he led a country that needed him.   A country who was falling apart internally while he attempted to protect us through wars in an area of the world that was simply waiting for us to declare war so that they could justify their next 1000 terrorist actions.  

And so now as we are on the precipous of the most important election of my lifetime, my friends find it necessary to discuss with me on a daily basis who will win this election, how they cannot believe McCain has supporters, and how crazy it is that he may be the next President.

How did they all just forget about the last 8 years?  I mean seriously we just let a clown run our country for four years and then, when we knew he was a fucken disaster, we re-elected his sorry ass.  (Yes, I know that the Dem's candidates were weak but still, they also had  a pulse right?) 

So how it is a surprise that a man that is 2-3 years pre-death and who has changed most of his principles in order to get in favor with the Republican Party i.e. the party of the douchebag running this shit show, is now neck and neck with the Democratic candidate?  

It's not.. that's the point.   We live in a country of forgivers and believers (in Jesus).  

And that is why I cannot deal with my friends that keep bringing up the current race and react on a daily basis like the apocalypse is upon us.  (We are already living in the era of the death of the US)...Especially since in New York City, this conversation/debate is completely futile because frankly, my friends and I are not deciding this election because our votes don't matter.  New York City and the State of New York are not going to decide this sucker... 

Therefore, I cannot deal with their daily attacks of shock and awe.  Instead, I think the best policy and the only policy we can have as meaningless contributors to the Electoral College is to hope for the best and hope that history does not repeat itself.   Of course, I also hope for the best when in terms of winning the lottery or actually making a career out of the words I write on this blog so sadly, I think that I like the Democratic Party may be screwed.... but then again, stranger things have happened....

So go out in vote this november for the candidate that won't continue the last 8 years... And if that doesn't happen, let's all just get a compound in Canada... although we probably cannot afford it since the dollar sucks.... thank you Mr. President.

No comments: