Monday, September 15, 2008

Training

So as I wrote a long time ago, I am running the NYC marathon this november 2nd and with the recent events in my life, my finishing this marathon is going to happen even if I have to crawl across the entire sucker...  

Thankfully that does not appear to be necessary since even though my right knee has continuously reminded me that it doesn't like to run marathons anymore, so far the training has been going ok.  I finished a 15 miler two weeks ago and have my sights set on an 18 miler this weekend.  I am definitely not as fast as I used to be but I think thats just what happens when you are a 30 year old runner who has run since he was 4 years old.  (Yeah my parents used to race me Kentucky Derby style, i wonder if they ever made side bets?)

And so, I have a little less than two months before the big day and I feel like with my added motivation of keeping my promise, this marathon doesn't stand a chance.  Plus, it's New York City the craziest marathon in the world.  

So i will keep you posted on my training in the next couple of months... but i am locked and ready to kick some ass...

No comments: