Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm Not A Homeless Guy But I Play One On TV

Tonight is beard trimming night at the old Rain Delay residence. I grew a beard for the first time when I was studying for the Connecticut and New York Bar Exams during the summer of 2003. I figured that cutting out the need to shave and maintain any semblance of non-dirtbagness would allow me to focus more on the task at hand i.e. avoiding studying as much as possible. Sadly, my current job had other ideas about the beard as they called me in for not one but two final interviews during that summer. (It makes you feel really good about a company's desire to hire you when you end up getting a job after a total of five interviews... I am still not sure how I ended up getting an offer, someone must have died or something.) Due to my numerous trips to New York that summer, I soon scuttled my plan to be the bearded wonder.

The concept of growing the beard, however, stuck reemerging during the Red Sox momentous run to their first World Series title in 86 years during the fall of 2004, and since that time, I have been bearded for more time during the year than I have actually been clean shaven. What can I say, I thoroughly enjoy my beard, and I intend to continue to remain this way for the foreseeable future even when Johnny Damon has shaved his beard and trimmed his locks to join the hated Yankees. (He's a mercenary, the Sox knew it when they originally got him so there is no reason now to be angry about it... fucken Judas.)

At the present moment, however, the Winter of 2005-2006 version of the beard has gotten a little out of a control and at the hinting of my bosses at work, the scared looks of passersby on the streets, and the weird offers of food and spare change from complete strangers, I have decided that the old beard needs a little bit of a trim job... But since I am all about sharing and caring these days... remember its hugs not drugs kiddies, I figured I would post a picture of the beard before the clippers are taken to it and it becomes a shadow of its former self.. so here it is in all of its out of control glory...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You like, how you say, shaved?