Tuesday, February 14, 2006

No Mile Inside

As part of my training for this damn marathon, I have made a private and now public vow that I will not run a single mile of my training inside. Now this is not some source of inane pride (well it kind of is) or because I think I am better than everyone else (I am and way better looking) BUT more because as I have discussed to a point that it makes me numb to repeat it that I HATE THE GYM. Further, this is not to discount those that run indoors, PAF just ran 10 miles on the treadmill the other day mainly because she is a crazy crazy hard core chica, who needs to run a marathon to prove her real hard coreness(sp?). Anyway, the point being is that I don't care how cold it is outside or whether it is raining, snowing, or some crazy wintry mix of fucked up precipitation, I will be outside.

As such, this is exactly what I did yesterday the day after the BLIZZARD of 2006, which for the record, I blame on Popstar, who just started training again for her second marathon and thus doomed us to an awful remainder of the winter. Anyway, I went out and ran six miles while many of my fellow New Yorkers complained about puddles of melting snow or tried not to bust their tailbones on newly formed ice. Similarly, I went out on Saturday before the storm broke and got in a quick 14 miles just to make sure that good Old Mother Nature did not mess with my training schedule. Sure, I took Sunday off, but that was some serious snow, and anyway, I get Sundays off. BLOW ME.

And this is how I will continue to train through hell or high water, outside where it is only me, my music, and your mom... I mean the elements...

No comments: