Friday, May 18, 2007

One Stage Down

So thankfully, we pulled into Harrisonburg Virginia last night around 1:30 AM. As such, we are at the halfway to our destination as I sit here on the cardboard thin bed at the Super 8. Most of our travel has been smooth as it appears that we were able to avoid most of the traffic that we hit last year heading to Virginia Beach by heading further west on I-78 West to I-81 South. Unfortunately, we still have six hundred miles further south to drive. Fortunately, I don't drive so I can just sit in the back of Tina (the name of Volvo 2.0) and just take in the sights and sounds that are the dirty South. I wish I had more funny stuff to put down here but since I am mildly fighting off some crazy dehydration headache, I am going to leave you only with the bell that we rang after having excellent service at an Arby's in Pennsylvania. Of course, there was no service in the world that could save us when a half an hour after eating Arby's we all were wondering why the next rest area was sixty miles away. DING DONG!!!


More from Greenville, SC later today...



No comments: