Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Preamble to the Greatest Roadtrip of All Time

A long time ago, one of my friends was quoted as saying that he wanted to "start a movement." Of course, the flaw in that statement and underlying logic is that for the most part movements are not started instead they kind of just happen without people ever noticing that they are actually occurring until years later when historians label that thing that happened, "a movement." My point here is that I have essentially done the same thing by labeling the roadtrip that myself, Bob Jingle, Dirty Diz, ET, and the Faithful SteedVersion 2.0 are about to depart on as "The Greatest Roadtrip of All Time." (Last year's description of the cast of characters can be found here.) Most likely, this roadtrip won't be "The Greatest Roadtrip of All Time" and will be similar to most roadtrips that I have ever been with a grade around a solid B+. But maybe someday, historians will read the adventures that I write about here on this little page and one day determine that in fact our little sojourn to the land of Greenville, South Carolina was actually "The Greatest Roadtrip of All Time."

Until that time, the show starts at 6 PM this evening from 398 Graham Avenue... I will talk to you from the road...

No comments: