Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Another Day in the Life of Isiah

In addition to tainting the legendary Knicks organization through his never ending spending, his questionable player moves, and his general lack of basketball management skills, Isiah Thomas was found liable today of sexual harassment. For those of you who have not followed this trial, Bill Simmons provides a pretty good recap here… And for those of you who want to know what level of intelligence, we are dealing with, with Isiah, I think the following quote pretty much sums it up, "I'm innocent, very innocent, and I did not do the things she has accused me in this courtroom of doing," Thomas said. "I'm extremely disappointed that the jury did not see the facts in this case. I will appeal this, and I remain confident in the man that I am and what I stand for and the family that I have." Hey Isiah, you’re innocent or you’re not… the use of “very” in this context is meaningless. It’s a black and white issue… And not a black versus white issue, like you tried to create in your deposition when you claimed it was appropriate for a black man to call a black woman a bitch but not appropriate for a white man to call a black woman a bitch… The difference here since you apparently need to have this sounded out for you is that my use of the phrase "black and white issue" in this context makes sense, whereas your little creation is rooted in racism, and is indicative of why the jury just found your ass liable.

No comments: