Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Is Bringing It Back To The Old School

Cause I am an old fool that's so cool?

On a night where I find myself remembering the last year and wondering how it could possibly been a year since she passed, I have spent the night having a few beers and looking at ye old blog, which apparently started in 2005 probably during my sullen dark period or some esoteric shit that I used as an excuse to start a blog. Back then, I clearly thought that I had a lot to say as my pieces (of shit) tended to roll on for a page or two where I eventually made my point or I never really did. And I definitely did a lot more self analysis about where I wanted to go or where I was and how I could get out of there. The posts back then took several themes... excessive drinking.... running.... excessive drinking after running.. and how I hated my job... And no matter what the topic man they rambled!

And today, I would love to say that my writing has improved or I write things that more people read but in reality, my posts have turned into short and brazen critiques on people's facebook status updates or just quick hits about what actually goes on in here. Which I believe is a product of my and the rest of societies fixation on things like Twitter, gchat, and Facebook updates to keep our newly rekindled friendships abreast of our daily pissings...

But the fact of the matter is that I am still here and so is this site... and I guess on a night that will lead to day of reflection, I am glad that I took the time to keep writing over these past four years.... And sure that's a giant pat on the back, but nobody reads this thing anyway.

Still running with anger.

Rain Delay.


No comments: