Monday, June 27, 2005

Marriage Is What Brings Us Here Together

So this weekend I went home to the lovely confines of Southeastern CT to attend a friend of the family's wedding. This was a guy who is younger than me but is now married and just bought a house. Next weekend, I will be heading to Chicago to attend another wedding of a friend from high school.

Marriage is an amazing thing to me because in my own life, I seem so far from that point. I mean I have loved and been loved but in my life, it appears that there is something that prevents me from taking that next step to the altar. Instead of being able to progress to that point, I either freak out when someone actually cares for me or I manage to allow my own personal demons take control of my life so that the one who loves me no longer sees the person that they fell in love with. And all of this makes me wonder if I will ever be the one who gets to stand at the altar or as I see it on the waterfront and devote myself to someone else.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

The real reason we're all getting hitched: the gifts. Oh, the love is sweet, but so are new dustbusters, V-slicers, and Cuisinart food processors. And the chance to dress your friends in matching kurtas.