Monday, June 27, 2005

Sports Update

So I know that it has been a long time that I have posted minus the marriage depression blurb that I just threw out to the world... So I figured that I would give my faithful readers a little more bang for their proverbial buck... As a result, here is my latest opinions on my favorite topic in the world.... the world of sports...

1. The Red Sox-- ok the Red Sox for some reason or another found their magic from last year. I mean minus this evening where I believe they are going to lose, they have won their last seven games in a row. And they have done it by hitting the living shit out of the ball and with dominating starting pitching for the most part. All of this is without Schilling. And now they find themselves in first place. I think that for the Sox to have a successful season they need to win the division this year and make it to the World Series. I mean why not! The White Sox may be ok but I think the Sox can put together a stretch and not those guys out of the AL spot for the Series.

2. The Yankees-- BLOW-- and to be honest, I am almost more interested in their day to day struggles than I am with those of the Red Sox. Mainly this is because at any point as the Yanks lose more and more, the Boss is bound to just lose his shit and fire the entire club. Truly this is what I am hoping for or atleast I am hoping that they simply disband the ball club realizing that their whole existence was a mistake. I am not kidding.

3. The UConn Basketball Team 2005-2006-- This team is on the verge of real problems or they possibly could be already there. I mean they have already lost Andrew Bynum to the NBA. And now, it appears that their two PG's recently decided to engage in some extra-curricular activities by allegedly stealing campus computers. As a result, it looks like me and my buddy Greg will be re-enrolling at UConn next year and handling the rock for Jimmy C. Atleast AJ Price did not almost die last year so that he would want to make sure that he did everything to win next year... OH FUCKEN WAIT....

So that is my recap... I hope the C's do not draft a douche bag tomorrow night... and that some American wins Wimbledon... and of course, I hope for World Peace and the end to world hunger...

oh yeah and that MTV plays a music video in the next 24 hours...

1 comment:

Greg Tito said...

I watched the replay of Nixon volleyballing that home run and Bellhorn's gaffe, a day after he was praised by Varitek and co. Ouch. But with Manny and Ortizzle firing on all cylinders, the Sox have the BEST 3-4 punch in baseball. Both of them are leading in the league in almost all the power categories. If they keep it up, with caveman Johnny ringing it up like he is, it's suddenly a very possible repeat performance.

And you and I can take on St. John's anyday of the week for the Huskies.