Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Blueprints for an Ark

Tonight, my team won its second basketball game of the season... so to celebrate, we went out for a little liquid celebration in order to recap our night of basketball domination... Drinks were drunk and tales were told... And I left in a cab around midnight to trek back to Casa de Rain Delay... Arriving home around 12 + 15, I entered and prepared for bed with only a hapless knocking to disturb my plans.. When I opened the door, my landlord (or the better half), Maria, appeared and informed me that there was a pipe problem that had reintroduced itself this evening. (The same problem that reared its angry head during the Thanksgiving Break.) And after some investigation, I realized that the questionable fortitude of the ceiling above my bed had once again lost the war (not the great one) and dumped that fine liquid life into my room.... an inch of it... As such, my landlord and i just spent the last hour drying out my apartment and piling wet articles of clothing to be washed and dried in their basement... I love my life... I love kharma... And I just need to know what the fuck a cubit is...

2 comments:

Greg Tito said...

I think it's the length of your forearm, from the wirst to the elbow. It's an inaccurate form of measurement however, because people come in different sizes and one man's cubit is another man's penis size.

Anonymous said...

Jingle and Rain Delay,
You guys kill me and at the same time make me laugh. Keep it up!