Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Blogger's Block

Do we experience this? We meaning the millions and millions who blog and if we do, does that mean, we are trying too hard. I think that the great thing about blogs is that originally, they provided an interesting space for the many who could not read their own handwriting or for those who can type faster than they can actually put pen to paper. Either way, I thought that blogs originated as a means to just whatever the fuck was on your mind and that was that.

AND THEN I TRIED TO CREATE MY OWN...

And to me, my first three entries have not been that bad in terms of moving away from what I criticize above.. but then in the last couple of days, I have had nothing to write and unfortunately, the blog became the last thing on my mind until I thought about it and began to wonder if I was truly overthinking my blog and what it contained. As a result of this self-analysis, I began to think about the whole concept in general and how it has in many regards truly moved away from a form of simple expression into a more formal, over-processed, and edited form of writing. I mean people today do not necessarily write blogs because they want to just take down their thoughts... Instead, many view them as a means to an end where their writing will get them noticed or lead to bigger and better things... which in the end, I still think is great because it gets people to write and atleast put their thoughts down. BUT in that same breath, when that thought process becomes too much of chore or where you truly worry about what you wrote in the second sentence of paragraph two, sentence three, then there is a problem... and to me that is what I want to avoid... I mean I have ticks about spellling or the sentences sounding correct... but in the end, I want to try and keep this the way it should be or as I think it should be i.e. a flow of ideas that you can read, ignore, use as toilet paper but remain what I wanted to write at the moment... now I just have to figure out what the fuck i want to write about...

3 comments:

Greg Tito said...

Blogging about blogs? Isn't that cheating?

Anonymous said...

That was exactly my point. Actually it is just calling out all us posers.

Greg Tito said...

Posers Suck! Bloggers rule!

And are you posting as anonymous on your own blog? That's cool, man.

Anyway, as long as you write whatever you want, it doesn't really matter. I have blogs which are long thought out mini-essays and I have ramblings which are more of the stream of consciouness shit. There are no rules in blogdom. I don't even know if there is a king of blogdom but if there were it would be you. Or me.