Wednesday, October 05, 2005

October 5, 1977

Is the day that I entered this world.

Today, I am twenty-eight. I am not sure what if any significance this age has, other than in fact I have aged another year. I don't necessarily feel older, but I guess that I actually am older. I mean everyday that we live, we are technically older than we were the day before as this is how the aging process works.

I am not sad about turning twenty-eight like some people get because they are yet another year closer to turning thirty. Yes, I am closer to thirty, but in reality, there is no reason why because I am older that I have to act or behave in any different manner than I did when I was twenty-seven or even when I was twenty-five for that matter. The changing of one's age does not necessitate a change in one's life or impose some trumped up requirement that we have to suddenly become adults. Life has a funny way of making you an adult when you least expect it so I am not in any rush to force my life down that path.

This evening, I will celebrate this momentous event by watching some baseball with friends, an event similar to most of my evenings in this City. There was no evite sent out and no big hullabaloo planned because I tend to feel guilty if I force people to do anything huge for my birthday. As such, I am not big on making today any more of a deal than it has to be and so friends, baseball, and beer will be more than sufficient to observe the day of my birth.

Happy Birthday Old Man...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Tony Graffanino screwed up your b-day.

Greg Tito said...

At least AROD booted a ball...

McDougall said...

Although I may make so enemies, I am gonna do it anyway...Go Yanks!

Greg Tito said...

You live in eastern CT! You are in Red Sox Nation. We are in the belly of the beast. What's the problem here?

Greg Tito said...

Seriously, you need to step up my friend before you go the way of the Savage