Thursday, October 20, 2005

SHEEPSHEAD BAY IN THE HOUSE(Part I)

So this AM, I woke at 8:15 in order to prepare for my great adventure to the Sheepshead Bay area of Brooklyn or Eastern Long Island as they probably call it out there. In order to achieve my goal and after performing my morning ritual of OCD like tendencies. (is the coffee pot off, did I turn the space heater off [shit it's summer], what about the AC, all of which are performed because I firmly believe that I will somehow cause my entire house to ignite in some blazing inferno of Hell), I entered the NYC underground in order to make my journey to this morning's deposition. If you recall from this morning's post, I was going to be part of a deposition where our retired custodian was going to kill my chances of winning as his final FUCK YOU to the City of New York and the Board of Education. And the reason it was at his house and that I was not defending him is that since he was retired, we no longer were his employer and thus, plaintiff could subpoena him at any time in order for us to lose our attorney-client privilege.... as such, he was basically a hostile witness scratch that, he was a hostile witness.

Anyway in order to get to his place, I had to take the L train into the City to Union Square and then head back into Brooklyn over the Manhattan Bridge on the Q train. The estimated time from stophop.com or whatever the hell it is called was an hour and half, which made me extra special happy at 1 AM this morning.

So I finally left my house at 8:50 AM to get to this place by 10. I knew that I was probably cutting it close or would be late but I always think those trip planners are plus or minus an hour on their estimated time predictions. Plus, the sheet said I was only in reality traveling 8.9 miles.

Needless to say, I made it to Union Square by 8 and even successfully transferred to the Q... which is where I leave this entry for now...

I have to get to a Deathcab for Cutie concert.... and yes, I am Seth Cohen.

No comments: