Saturday, October 01, 2005

Race Results

Well I ran the 5k this morning and finished in an acceptable 19:51, which is right around 6:30 mile pace and earned me 16th place overall. The time is a little off my goal for the race, which was sub-19:00 but considering that I have not worked in any speed work yet, I think this is a great starting point. Hopefully by the time I run my next race, a five miler in Central Park at the end of October, I should be able to run the same pace but for two additional miles.

Popstar, on the other hand, did awesome as she got third place in her division and a prize. (some kind of shampoo hair product..) Even more impressive about her performance is that she did this only days after going on meds for strep throat. She is a stud, what can I say...

Anyway, now we are off to a local dive bar to watch the Sox...

Till later....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice time on your 5K. Planning any marathons soon? Mystic places is coming at the end of the month.

Rain Delay said...

I am actually going to run another one this Spring and may be home to do the ten miler again this year for the Mystic Places. I just have not been able to get the mileage in and do not want to build up too soon.

I am also running a five miler at the end of the month in Central Park and plan to train specifically for this race.

What do u have on tap?

Greg Tito said...

Ahh, the competition continues.

Anonymous said...

Building a garage. If you'd like to earn another Man School badge let me know, Ian is helping me for 8 days of the 21 days of vacation I'm using to get it up, the garage that is. I'm running every other day early in the morning(4:45AM) about five miles to stayin shape with no real plans to run a road race.