Wednesday, February 07, 2007

42 minutes..

Is how long it took me to run home today. That's right, I ran home today from work in the cold, the bitter bitter cold. Currently, weather.com tells me that the temperature is 24 degrees outside, but that it feels like 11 degrees. (as if there is a difference at this point between the actual temperature and the what it feels like temperature with the recent cold snap that we have been having.)

Why did I run home you ask? I ran home because I am tired of being one of those people complaining about how damn cold it is outside. These people of course were the same people who weeks ago were complaining about how warm it was. The same suckers who I tried to warn to be careful what they wished for when they asked, "When does winter start?"

Further, I am tired of having the weather dictate what I can and cannot do. Sure, my cheeks currently feel like they may fall off and I can feel ice melting on my back, behind my ears, and some where near my balls, but I said screw it, laced up the shoes, and made it home. I was born and grew up in New England, GOD DAMMIT!!! I can remember running outside in high school during the middle of winter on a parking lot that resembled a speed skating rink and rowing on a river while ice formed on our oars. Thus, I need to snap out of this woosification spell that New York City has cast upon me and get tough. (atleast this is what I keep telling myself.)

For now, I ran home today from work.. maybe tomorrow, i will take a swim in the East River.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I may have skipped the 10K but I DID run this morning...when the temperature actually was SEVEN. Just sayin'