Saturday, September 10, 2005

Escape from New York

My favorite team, the Red Sox, have come to town this weekend to face the rival Yankees in the Toilet Bowl in the Bronx. As a result, the Yankees' propaganda machine has seized this lovely City, and as such, all of the Yankees' fans have decided to once again start caring about their team. (I understand that they are used to winning around these parts, but I have never seen a group of lamer fans, I mean these guys hibernate until September and then arise from their slumber and act like they have been living and dying with this team the entire season. Also they speak of Yankees baseball and their style of play like the game was invented here. I checked, it was not.)

As I am a Red Sox fan, this time of year becomes almost unbearable to live here because I have to constantly defend my team and NO this has not gone away since the Sox won the World Series. (Just for the record, THE SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES, BITCHES!!!) Thankfully, these barbs no longer has the same effect because all I have to say is, "Damn, I cannot believe your team lost four games in a row in the playoffs last year. I mean you were up three games to nothing... how do you lose four in a row... has that ever happened before? Oh wait no, NO, it has not..." And while generally, I would have no problem sticking around in order to remind these suckas about how their team had the worst collapse in the history of sports, I have decided to get the fuck out of dodge and head to Beantown for the weekend. There I can be far away from the Bronx and the members of Brainwashed Pinstripe Nation, who if I am not mistaken share the same brain or atleast share the same comeback for everything... 26 titles.... duh... 26... uh... BARF.... tools.

Hopefully while I am in Boston, the Sox will make up for tonight's loss and get their collective heads out of their asses winning the next two out of three... But if they do not, I am already prepared for the numerous copies of the Post and the Daily News that will be waiting for me when I return to work on Monday, each of which I am sure will declare that this weekend the Yankees rid the world of AIDS, cured cancer, eliminated poverty, and found Bin Laden...

BUT no matter what happens... I will always have this...















Have a wicked awesome weekend!!!

R.D.

No comments: