Saturday, September 17, 2005

This Time It's For Real

Alot of times in my own life, I forget that I am actually an attorney and that I do have a "real" job with "real" responsibility. I often forget these facts of my life until during moments of clarity like the other day when I was taking a piss, I realize that I actually have a career as an attorney and that this is no longer just me going to school to learn how to be the person that I now am.

Now, I do realize that I discussed this topic last week and thus, I apologize for rehashing this topic, but today and for the remainder of the weekend, I am preparing for my first real trial which kicks of on Monday at 9:45 in the morning so I am once again realizing more than ever that I am a practioner of the law.

This weekend, basically, I am creating the blueprint for my trial next week and mapping out every step that I am going to take in order to assure a victory for my client, the City of New York. As such, this afternoon and probably well into this evening and through tomorrow, I will be working on how I am going to select the appropriate jury to present my case to and what exactly I am going to say to those fuckers so that they decide the case in my favor. After that, I have to organize all the questions that I am going to ask the plaintiff on cross-examination and my witness on direct. Basically, I have decide on the best strategy to make the plaintiff look like an incompetent lying fool while making my guy look like the best damn human being ever to walk the earth. Finally, I have to write my closing where hopefully, I will wrap this sucker up into a nice little package with a cute little bow and seal the mother fucken deal. As of right now, I have no idea how I am going to do any of this but hopefully at some point in the next 30 hours or so I will have an epiphany and like the phoenix, my plan for operation domination will rise from the ashes... (maybe I will work that sentence into my opening.)

I guess for now, I best get back to writing and brainstorming. We shall see how this bad boy turns out...but one thing is for sure, the practice is now over...and on Monday, my trial is very very real....

No comments: