Thursday, September 29, 2005

Like the Wind

Apparently tonight is the night that Fall has decided to make its dramatic 2005 debut here in New York City as this evening featured unusually cold temperatures and a pretty kick ass wind. Of course, New Yorkers responded in their usually manner by immediately dressing like they were attempting to survive a god damn blizzard. For all of their bravado and tough guy outer appearances, New Yorkers have to be some of the weakest and lamest creatures on the planet when it comes to the weather.

Now, I will give you that it is decently cold outside right now and the wind is unlike one that we have seen yet this year BUT that is no reason to be sporting winter hats, gloves, and even scarfs... all of which I saw today while I was running through the streets of Brooklyn in shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt. While I admit that New Yorkers are not used to the rough and tumble of the hardened New England winters of my youth that made me into the fall and winter adoring human being that I am, they are still New Yorkers, who are considered by many to be the toughest, the brav est, and the finest that America has to offer and thus should be able to deal with a little bit of a chill in the air.

And plus, it was not even that fucken cold outside... I mean use that shit when it gets really cold out like in the middle of January when the wind blasts down the avenues and the temps fail to get above 20 degrees. Otherwise, if they keep up the current rate of dealing with the cold, New Yorkers are probably going to be lighting themselves on fire as soon as the temperature dips below freezing... And although they may piss me off sometimes, even I cannot advocate massive acts of personal arson (that is arson to one's person)...

So buck up New Yorkers, take off the hat, gloves, and even that ultra hip scarf you got in Soho... Find yourselves a sensible jacket and maybe even another layer if you're feeling frisky... and then, get out there and brave these conditions... trust me it will be ok... and if it is not, I will be here to criticize you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does anyone know where the nearest patagonia store is? I am FREEZING!!

Andrew said...

"arson to one's person" would be a great band/album name. Or party theme.