Friday, August 19, 2005

Afternoon Delight

Well the usual Friday lull has hit me like a ton of bricks and for the last couple of hours, I have been sitting at my work computer e-mailing and trying to make time run out so that I can get the fuck out of dodge. (By the way, I hate the fact that I use so many cliches when I write, I apologize). Anyway, the boredom has grown to the point that I figured I would just write for awhile and see how time that burned. (tick, tock, tick, tock)

Tonight, we have a huge softball game for the old office softball team. If we win, the team advances to the playoffs and if not, a coin toss decides our post-season fate. We lost the last game that we played, which put us in our present predicament. In that game, I got an inside the park homer but totally screwed up my right hamstring. As stated, I have run since that time but I am not sure how hard I can go... we shall see.

Finally, I have a confession to make, I like popsicles. Actually, I am addicted to them especially the Real Fruit Lemon kind. My obsession with popsicles started when i was a little kid, and I used to go to my grandmother's house and she gave them to me... I guess that is better than beer but still... Now, I feel better...

Back to work.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Freud would have something to say about your love of popsicles. Most likely, it would be "Right on. Ain't nothing wrong with that."

Anonymous said...

Our final Softball game of the season ended in embarassment when we played a semi-professional bunch of 50 year olds.

Oh, and I went 0 for 2.

That's right, 2 at bats. In slow-pitch softball.

_cop

Conners said...

Hey! Popsicles are good! My confession is I'm a yogurt-aholic. Frozen, fruit on the bottom, stirred, homemade, store brand doesn't matter...as long as it's yogurt! I can sit and eat 2 litres in a day and never tire of it. MMmmm...I just made myself hungry! LOL

Greg Tito said...

Chicks dig the yogurt.

But your popsicle obsession is equally distrubing.