Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'M ALL IN

My buddies and I have recently developed a weekly tradition of playing a little hold'em each week. (that's poker people) The stakes are low, but the games are entertaining. We have even started to rock some sunglasses to make ourselves look the part. It truly is great time to get together and win each other's money albeit small change. I figured I would share some pictures from this week's game...

First, the players...

Dirty D-- he may not look like much, but his anger is only second to mine... He also has the crazy ability to win hands when he is down to his last chip....














Next, Crazy Legs Krodel-- although recently married, he has certainly not lost his edge. Plus, this player is wicked fucken smaht so you always think that he knows something that you do not.














Savage-- one can never read this player as he has a bit of a wild side. He is always willing to press his luck regardless of the potential downfall. Some may say this is stupidity talking, but in reality, it works out more than not for this fine card player.














Bob Jingle-- this cagey veteran of the felt plays his hands tight but not so tight that his opposition can ever get a good read on him. Often, he waits for his moment to strike like a cobra in the shadows.... (i am not sure what that last bit means, but I had to throw it out there...)














Finally, yours truly-- I play like a I live life in "true grip it and rip it" type fashion. Actually, I do not really have too much of astrategy going mostly on gut feeling or sometimes a read on what someone might have. Truly, in the end, I just seem to get lucky more often than not.














Tonight's big winners in the Farewell Crazy Legs Tournament were Mr. Jingle and myself, but next week is a brand new game and anybody can hit a hot streak... And thankfully, since we play exceptionally low stakes, everyone can afford to come back next week and play... Good game tonight fellas....

1 comment:

Greg Tito said...

It does bring you down a few notches when you raise 50 ... and some one says 50 cents. Yes, it's only 50 cents but it makes for some crazy poker.

Rain Delay is the master of straights, how many did you get last night? My vote is 4.